Thursday, June 7, 2012

Update ~ Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie

As my quest for smoothie recipes continue, I thought that I would share this yummy dessert tasting smoothie. This one costs less than $1 per serving and keeps me full until I enjoy a light lunch in the afternoon.

You'll need:

3/4 cups Quick Cooking Oat
1/2 cup of Vanilla Coconut Milk (I use shelf stable non dairy milk products in a effort to reduce my dairy consumption. You can use Rice Milk, Almond Milk, Soy Milk or Cow's Milk if you prefer)
1/2 Cup of water
2 cups of ice
1 cup frozen whole strawberries or 1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries
Dash of cinnamon and dash of vanilla extract for flavor.

I later added for additional creaminess:
1 Frozen Banana (I slice them and put them in individual bags in the freezer, No more wasted bananas)

For good measure about a tablespoon of organic flax seed (they lower cholesterol, inhibit cancer growths, help to stabilize blood sugar and are an excellent source of fiber)
Blend it all up in your blender for about 90 seconds to allow the oats to fully absorb the liquids and Voila! You will have a yummy, healthy and filling treat perfect for sipping on the commute into work.


Yum! Live Well...

No comments:

Post a Comment